Why should I live in Loxahatchee?
Living in Loxahatchee offers a unique experience for anyone looking to enjoy the outdoors. The town is surrounded by nature, including the Everglades National Park and the Loxahatchee River. You can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, from fishing and boating to bird watching. Plus, the town is home to a variety of restaurants and shops. It's also close to other major cities like West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, so you can easily experience the best of both worlds. All in all, Loxahatchee is an ideal place to live if you're looking for an escape from city life.
Large lots, farms, animal preserves, and country style living are the best ways to describe Loxahatchee. Home of Lion Country Safari, Loxahatchee is very family oriented, where families own ranches and animals. Because of its large land areas many equestrians will find training farms in Loxahatchee. A bit more secluded from more populated areas of the county, Loxahatchee promises peaceful enjoyment of what mother nature has to offer. But fun is also a big part of this community where Mudding and Shooting are the most common adult entertainment of its residents. It is very common to be greeted by a bunny as you walk to your front door!
- Low cost of living.
- Scenic, rural setting.
- A wide variety of recreational activities.
- Close to major cities.
- Good schools and hospitals.
1. Explore the Everglades National Park. There's no better way to experience the area's natural beauty than to explore the Everglades. Take a guided kayak tour or take a nature walk and spot some of the local wildlife.
2. Visit the Loxahatchee River. Rent a canoe or kayak and spend a day on the river. You can spot wildlife, fish, and take in the stunning views.
3. Spend some time in Downtown Loxahatchee. The town is home to a variety of shops and restaurants, so you can find something to do no matter what your interests.
4. Take a day trip to nearby cities. West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale are both close by, and offer unique experiences for all types of travelers.
5. Enjoy outdoor activities - Living in Loxahatchee allows you to take part in outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, and bird watching.
Loxahatchee has a long and storied history. It was once inhabited by the Seminole Indians and was the site of a Second Seminole War battle in 1837. The area was then settled in the late 1800s by farmers and ranchers. In the early 1900s, Loxahatchee became known for its large agricultural industry, including dairy, citrus, and vegetable farms. The town was officially incorporated in 1989, and today, it is still home to a number of farms and ranches. In recent years, Loxahatchee has become a popular destination for outdoor activities, such as fishing, boating, and bird watching.
1. Acreage: A rural community located in western Palm Beach County.
2. Loxahatchee Groves: A small, unincorporated community with a strong agricultural focus.
3. Royal Palm Beach: A suburban community located just west of West Palm Beach.
4. The Acreage: A rural community located in the northern part of Palm Beach County.
5. Westgate-Belvedere Homes: A census-designated place located in western Palm Beach County.
6. Wellington: A suburban community located just west of West Palm Beach.
7. Loxahatchee Estates: A small, unincorporated community located in the northern part of Palm Beach County.
8. Jupiter Farms: A rural community located in the northern part of Palm Beach County.
9. North Palm Beach: A small, unincorporated community located in the northern part of Palm Beach County.
10. Palm Beach Gardens: A suburban community located in the northern part of Palm Beach County.
Using industry leading technology, our free home valuation tool will keep you up to date with reports showing how much your home is worth, equity growth and other relevant data.